My nurse, Barbara, brought me some to taste. She had served it at a gathering at her home. Very tasty! When I checked and saw it wasn't posted I figured I'd let all of you have a chance to experience it yourselves.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces fresh shrimp, with tails & deveined with tails or 8 ounces frozen shrimp, peeled & deveined with tails
- 8 ounces fresh scallops or 8 ounces frozen scallops
- 8 ounces fresh mussels, in shells (8 to 12)
- 6 cups water
- 9 tablespoons salt
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper or 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup fish stock or 1 cup low sodium vegetable broth or 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup finely chopped tomato
- 1/8 teaspoon powdered saffron
- hot cooked couscous
- 1Thaw frozen seafood.
- 2Halve large scallops.
- 3Scrub mussels; remove beards.
- 4Combine 2 cups of the water and 3 tablespoons of the salt; soak mussels 15 minutes.
- 5Drain and rinse.
- 6Repeat twice.
- 7Cook onion and garlic in hot oil till tender.
- 8Add cumin, cinnamon, and ground red pepper; cook and stir 1 minute.
- 9Stir in broth, tomatoes, saffron, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- 10Bring to boiling; add seafood.
- 11Return to boiling; reduce heat.
- 12Simmer, covered, 5 minutes or till shells open.
- 13Serve with couscous.
- 14If desired, top with parsley.
- 15*Provence Rose/California Fume Blanc, pairing for wine.*.
You Might Also Like...View All Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moroccan Bouillabaisse
Serving Size: 1 (717 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 234.3
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 125.7 mg
- Sodium 16142.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 30.8 g