Prep 40 mins
Cook 30 mins
Here's another way to serve beets other than the pickled or Harvard beets I usually eat.
- 2 lbs beets
- 1⁄2 medium Spanish onion, diced
- 4 tomatoes, skinned, seeded and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons Italian parsley, chopped
- 4 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 4 medium potatoes, boiled
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 8 tablespoons olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- cayenne pepper
- 20 black olives, for garnish
- Cut off ends of beets. Wash well and cook in boiling salted water until tender, about 30 minutes. Drain and remove skins under running cold water. Dice.
- Meanwhile mix together the dressing ingredients. Combine vinegar, oil, salt, pepper, and cayenne.
- Combine beets in a salad bowl with the onion, tomato, garlic, cilantro and parsley. Pour over half the dressing, toss gently and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Slice the potatoes, place in a shallow bowl and toss with remaining dressing. Chill.
- When ready to assemble, arrange beets mixture in the center of a shallow bowl and arrange potatoes in a ring around them. Garnish with olives.
canned beets, im just saying easy ,tastes great filling zwt9