1/3 Photos of Moroccan Beet Salad
1 hr 10 mins
Here's another way to serve beets other than the pickled or Harvard beets I usually eat.
My Private Note
salad b ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs beets
- 1/2 medium Spanish onion, diced
- 4 tomatoes, skinned, seeded and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons Italian parsley, chopped
- 4 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 4 medium potatoes, boiled
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 8 tablespoons olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- cayenne pepper
- 20 black olives, for garnish
- 1Cut off ends of beets. Wash well and cook in boiling salted water until tender, about 30 minutes. Drain and remove skins under running cold water. Dice.
- 2Meanwhile mix together the dressing ingredients. Combine vinegar, oil, salt, pepper, and cayenne.
- 3Combine beets in a salad bowl with the onion, tomato, garlic, cilantro and parsley. Pour over half the dressing, toss gently and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- 4Slice the potatoes, place in a shallow bowl and toss with remaining dressing. Chill.
- 5When ready to assemble, arrange beets mixture in the center of a shallow bowl and arrange potatoes in a ring around them. Garnish with olives.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moroccan Beet Salad
Serving Size: 1 (426 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 373.9
- Calories from Fat 181
- Total Fat 20.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 239.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
- Sugars 15.7 g
- Protein 6.5 g