Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
From the National Honey Board. Prep time includes marinating (1 hour or up to overnight).
- 680.38 g beef flank steak
- 29.58 ml red wine vinegar
- 9.85 ml garlic salt
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 4.92 ml ground coriander
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 2.46 ml ground ginger
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 118.29 ml honey
- 118.29 ml olive oil
- 473.18 ml water
- 78.07 ml steak marinade
- 248.05 g garbanzo beans
- 236.59 ml fresh tomato, chopped
- 78.07 ml fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 283.49-340.19 g couscous
- Combine vinegar and seasonings, stir well.
- Add honey and oil, stirring until blended.
- Remove 1/3 cup marinade; set aside for preparing couscous.
- Slice steak diagonally into thin slices.
- Place steak in marinade, turning to coat.
- Marinate in refrigerator 1 hour or up to overnight.
- Remove steak from marinade, discarding marinade.
- Cook steak in skillet over medium heat for 8-10 minutes, or until browned.
- Turn steak, cover, and reduce heat to low. Cook 7-10 minutes for medium doneness.
- While steak is cooking, prepare couscous. In large saucepan, combine water, reserved marinade, garbanzo beans, tomatoes, and parsley.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Stir in couscous, cover, and remove from heat.
- Let stand for 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork and serve with steak.
Wonderful flavor in this dish. The marinade is delicious! I did sub agave nectar for the honey (thought I had honey but was out!). The meat was delicious and the couscous with some of the marinade cooked in had a wonderful taste. Very easy to prepare. I mixed up the marinade in the morning and marinated the meat all day. Dinner was ready in about 15 minutes. Thanks for sharing this yummy recipe!
Excellent flavor and so easy. I did double the couscous, but I had a little more beef, but I needed more marinade then. No problem, same recipe. I did marinate about 10 hours, all day and it could of gone overnight, but mine was thick. A thinner skirt steak or flank you could marinade much quicker. Regardless, great flavor. The couscous is so easy the meal cooked up in just minutes. If was so good I just served with some fresh fruit and yogurt mint sauce. The couscous I loved with the beans and fresh flavors, a nice texture and the fresh parsley was a nice compliment to it. Nice to find such a great flavorful dish that went together so easily and worked so well together. Thx Excellent Dish, on my list to make again. Kim
Oh man!!! I made a pig of myself with this!!! I'm not a big beef eater, but I kept going back for just a little more! I used flap meat cuz it was on sale, and I grilled it really quickly. Oh the flavor of the caramelized edges!!! Love it!! Put a bit of couscous with a bit of meat on your fork and pure heaven!! Made for ZWT 6 and the Looney Spoon Phoodies.