1/1 Photo of Moroccan Beef With Honey Spice Couscous
1 hr 20 mins
The Wallaces's Note:
From the National Honey Board. Prep time includes marinating (1 hour or up to overnight).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs beef flank steak
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2Combine vinegar and seasonings, stir well.
- 3Add honey and oil, stirring until blended.
- 4Remove 1/3 cup marinade; set aside for preparing couscous.
- 5Slice steak diagonally into thin slices.
- 6Place steak in marinade, turning to coat.
- 7Marinate in refrigerator 1 hour or up to overnight.
- 8Remove steak from marinade, discarding marinade.
- 9Cook steak in skillet over medium heat for 8-10 minutes, or until browned.
- 10Turn steak, cover, and reduce heat to low. Cook 7-10 minutes for medium doneness.
- 11While steak is cooking, prepare couscous. In large saucepan, combine water, reserved marinade, garbanzo beans, tomatoes, and parsley.
- 12Bring to a boil over high heat.
- 13Stir in couscous, cover, and remove from heat.
- 14Let stand for 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork and serve with steak.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moroccan Beef With Honey Spice Couscous
Serving Size: 1 (367 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 711.0
- Calories from Fat 266
- Total Fat 29.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 57.8 mg
- Sodium 195.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 24.0 g
- Protein 39.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: