From the National Honey Board. Prep time includes marinating (1 hour or up to overnight).
Make and share this Moroccan Beef With Honey Spice Couscous recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef flank steak
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup steak marinade
- 8 3⁄4 ounces garbanzo beans
- 1 cup fresh tomato, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 10 -12 ounces couscous
- Combine vinegar and seasonings, stir well.
- Add honey and oil, stirring until blended.
- Remove 1/3 cup marinade; set aside for preparing couscous.
- Slice steak diagonally into thin slices.
- Place steak in marinade, turning to coat.
- Marinate in refrigerator 1 hour or up to overnight.
- Remove steak from marinade, discarding marinade.
- Cook steak in skillet over medium heat for 8-10 minutes, or until browned.
- Turn steak, cover, and reduce heat to low. Cook 7-10 minutes for medium doneness.
- While steak is cooking, prepare couscous. In large saucepan, combine water, reserved marinade, garbanzo beans, tomatoes, and parsley.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Stir in couscous, cover, and remove from heat.
- Let stand for 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork and serve with steak.