Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
From the National Honey Board. Prep time includes marinating (1 hour or up to overnight).
Make and share this Moroccan Beef With Honey Spice Couscous recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef flank steak
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup steak marinade
- 8 3⁄4 ounces garbanzo beans
- 1 cup fresh tomato, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 10 -12 ounces couscous
- Combine vinegar and seasonings, stir well.
- Add honey and oil, stirring until blended.
- Remove 1/3 cup marinade; set aside for preparing couscous.
- Slice steak diagonally into thin slices.
- Place steak in marinade, turning to coat.
- Marinate in refrigerator 1 hour or up to overnight.
- Remove steak from marinade, discarding marinade.
- Cook steak in skillet over medium heat for 8-10 minutes, or until browned.
- Turn steak, cover, and reduce heat to low. Cook 7-10 minutes for medium doneness.
- While steak is cooking, prepare couscous. In large saucepan, combine water, reserved marinade, garbanzo beans, tomatoes, and parsley.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Stir in couscous, cover, and remove from heat.
- Let stand for 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork and serve with steak.
Wonderful flavor in this dish. The marinade is delicious! I did sub agave nectar for the honey (thought I had honey but was out!). The meat was delicious and the couscous with some of the marinade cooked in had a wonderful taste. Very easy to prepare. I mixed up the marinade in the morning and marinated the meat all day. Dinner was ready in about 15 minutes. Thanks for sharing this yummy recipe!
Excellent flavor and so easy. I did double the couscous, but I had a little more beef, but I needed more marinade then. No problem, same recipe. I did marinate about 10 hours, all day and it could of gone overnight, but mine was thick. A thinner skirt steak or flank you could marinade much quicker. Regardless, great flavor. The couscous is so easy the meal cooked up in just minutes. If was so good I just served with some fresh fruit and yogurt mint sauce. The couscous I loved with the beans and fresh flavors, a nice texture and the fresh parsley was a nice compliment to it. Nice to find such a great flavorful dish that went together so easily and worked so well together. Thx Excellent Dish, on my list to make again. Kim
I made only the marinade from this recipe - it turned out fantastic and was a hit with everyone. Marinated over night, through the steaks in a pan and added the remaining marinade towards the end. Diluted slightly the reduced marinade with some left-over wine and drizzled over the steak. This is a keeper. Thanks for sharing!