Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe was in our local newspaper. I just love the combination of flavours and thoroughly look forward to eating my dinner when I cook this.
- 1.76 lb lean beef, cubed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 red onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon saffron strand
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1 orange, juice and zest of
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 cups beef stock
- Fry onion & garlic until onion has softened.
- Add beef and slightly brown.
- Add remainder of ingredients and mix through.
- If you have a pressure cooker, put lid on pressure cooker and turn up high until pressure has built, then turn heat down and simmer for 20 minutes
- If you do not have a pressure cooker you can simmer this for 1 1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
- Serve with cous cous mixed with pinenuts and sultanas, along with roasted pumpkin.
This was phenomenal! It was easy to prepare, the ingredients are things I have on hand always, and the flavor was outstanding. I think it's company-worthy.
I love this stew! The combination of flavors is amazing. It's now on the top of my list of favorite stew recipes.