Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
Adapted from Epicurious.
Make and share this Moroccan Beef Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 kg beef tenderloin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 red onions, sliced
- 500 g peeled baby carrots
- 500 g cauliflower, divided into florettes
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 3 teaspoons tsps mixed spice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup chopped of fresh mint, divided
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large nonstick pan over high heat.
- Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper.
- Add beef to pan in batches and sauté until cooked to desired doneness, about 2 minutes for medium-rare.
- Using slotted spoon, transfer beef to bowl.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to skillet.
- Add shallots, carrots and cauliflower and sauté until golden, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add all spices; stir 30 seconds.
- Sprinkle flour over; stir 30 seconds.
- Stir in broth and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium; simmer until carrots are just tender, about 8 minutes.
- Return beef to skillet; cook until sauce thickens slightly, about 1 minute. Season stew to taste with salt and pepper.
- Stir in 1/4 cup chopped mint. Transfer stew to bowls.
- Sprinkle with remaining chopped mint and serve.