Recipe by Nasseh
This is a nice variation from ordinary kebabs. The longer you let the meat marinate, the more tender it will be when you cook it. (The times listed below does not include marinating time).
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs beef stew meat, less than 1 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 small onion, grated
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut any large pieces of meat in half so they will cook faster. Then place the beef cubes in a medium bowl. Chop the parsley & add it to the beef, set aside to be used later.
- Pour the olive oil in a small glass bowl. Add the spices, vinegar & tomato paste, stir until well blended. Grate the onion & add it to the oil mixture.
- Stir the mixture in with the beef until it is well coated. Cover with a lid & place in the refrigerator to marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Place the beef on skewers, leaving a little gap between each piece. Grill on each side until the meat is no longer pink inside, between 10-15 minutes.
- Serve with thick bread instead of utensils. (Moroccans eat most of their food with their right hand, using only bread to scoop up the meal).