Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These kabobs are so full of flavor from the marinade of herbs and spices! I especially like the flavor the Thai red chili paste gives the steak. I marinate these overnight, and serve it with couscous and a seasonal green vegetable. NOTE: the preparation time does not include the time for marinating.
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup grated onion
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon thai red chili paste
- salt and pepper
- 2 lbs beef top sirloin steaks, cut into 1-inch pieces
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the parsley, cilantro, onion, lemon juice, oil, cumin, coriander, paprika, vinegar, ketchup, garlic, ginger, chili paste, salt and pepper; add beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Coat a grill rack with cooking spray before starting grill. Drain and discard marinade. Thread the beef cubes onto 8 metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 9-12 minutes, until meat reaches your desired doneness, turning occasionally.
Sensational thanks TasteTester! I made a couple of small changes-no oil in the marinade and Harissa (a Moroccan chilli paste) rather than the Thai one asked for. We just love, love, loved the finished dish. I made flafels, a burghul-free tabbouleh, my own flatbreads and served all this with natural yoghurt. Yum.