Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From the Pumpkins and Squash cookbook by Kathleen Desmond Stang.
Make and share this Moroccan Beef and Pumpkin Tajine recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef stew meat, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1⁄3 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 sugar pumpkin, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes (about 2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons pistachios, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- lime wedge
- Pre heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a heavy saucepan heat the oil over medium heat and saute the onion, ginger, cinnamon stick, allspice and coriander until the onion is soft (about 10 minutes). Add the garlic and meat and saute until the meat is browned, about 7 minutes, turn to coat all sides.
- Place cranberries in a small dish and cover with sherry. Let sit.
- Cover and bake meat for 30 minutes. Add pumpkin and cranberries, cover, and bake 1 hour longer, or until meat is tender. Add honey and lime juice to the pan drippings and heat over medium high, scraping the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle with nuts and cilantro and garnish with lime wedges.