Recipe by zeldaz51
From a cookbook which shall not be named, because I only found three or four of the recipes of interest. This is one this is one I found interesting. Untried, so let me know how it is! Use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth to make it vegan. "Dried chick peas triple in volume after soaking and cooking, so you may need to reduce the amount of onions or tomatoes depending upon the size of your cooker. Make sure you do not fill the cooker more than half full."
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups dried garbanzo beans, soaked and drained
- 5 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned Italian plum tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1 cup lentils
- 1 cup fresh Italian parsley, stemmed and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup brown rice
- 2 medium yellow onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon coarse-ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crumbled saffron thread
- salt, pepper to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Put soaked chick peas and the water into the pressure cooker, bring to high pressure, cook 10 minutes. Reduce pressure quickly under cold water, add remaining ingredients, return to high pressure, and cook for 30 more minutes. Let pressure fall on its own. Can be made in advance and kept 3 days in refrigerator.