Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Transform barbecued chicken with this simple and quick spice paste.
Make and share this Moroccan Barbecue Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lemons, zest of, only
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 2 tablespoons mixed peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried chili
- cilantro leaf, finely chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts
- Pound the lemon zest, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, sea salt, mixed peppercorns, chilies and chopped cilantro to a coarse consistency, using a pestle and mortar. Stir in the olive oil to form a paste.
- Smear the chicken breasts with the paste. Cook them on the barbecue over a moderate heat for 10 - 15 minutes or until throughly cooked, turning once during cooking time.