1/1 Photo of Moroccan Applesauce Cake (Crock Pot)
3 hrs 50 mins
3 hrs 30 mins
This recipe is based on one from Lou Seibert Pappas’ cookbook, Extra-Special Crockery Pot Recipes. She says, “Serve this unusual cake warm with scoops of coffee or chocolate ice cream.”
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare a 2-quart pudding mold or 2-pound coffee can by greasing and flouring. Set aside.
- 2In bowl of electric mixer, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time, beating until smooth after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- 3In small bowl combine applesauce and soda; stir in to mixer bowl.
- 4Mix flour, cinnamon and salt together. Add to creamed mixture. Beat until smooth.
- 5Mix in chocolate bits, dates (or raisins) and walnuts.
- 6Turn into prepared pudding mold or coffee can. Place in crockery pot. Cover with 4 layers of paper towels. Place crockery pot lid loosely on top to allow steam to escape. Cook on high (300°F) 3 to 3 ½ hours, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moroccan Applesauce Cake (Crock Pot)
Serving Size: 1 (1240 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4316.8
- Calories from Fat 1907
- Total Fat 211.9 g
- Saturated Fat 97.0 g
- Cholesterol 616.0 mg
- Sodium 4103.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 599.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 34.1 g
- Sugars 364.8 g
- Protein 56.5 g