I drink this every morning and have been asked the recipe...so here it is. I make this in the Vitamix and fill a mason jar with it to pack to work and sip on for most of the morning.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put all of the above ingredients in a Vitamix or other high speed blender. I have never used anything but a Vitamix and it comes out perfectly smooth with one. I can't vouch for any others.
- 2Note, that the stevia is two dropperfuls -- not two drops. I have tried different types of stevia and have a definite preference for Sweetleaf liquid. This is also good with hazelnut stevia (instead of vanilla).
- 3Variation- sometimes I add a teaspoon of coffee granules for a frozen mocha. Sometimes I add a tiny bit of peppermint extract. Sometimes I use carob instead of cocoa and add the peppermint (the carob mint is good, but not a fan of the plain carob).
- 4For an immunity boost, I also often add water kefir grains. They don't affect the taste. I realize many people don't have those, but if you do -- they make a great addition -- 2 teaspoons or so.
- 5Add enough ice to make it thick, about 2-3 cups.
Browse Our Top Smoothies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Morning Power Smoothie, Chocolate
Serving Size: 1 (604 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 96.0
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 44.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 3.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: