Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons nuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, cold
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine the milk, butter, syrup, sour cream, egg and vanilla.
- Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- For topping, combine the flour, sugar, nuts and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 400 F for 16-20 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Thanks to moan & groan over the best comfort food I came across this recipe to make. What can I say, so easy to make with a great out come and that is my type of breakfast.
These muffins are delicious! I have the same recipe in my Taste of Home collection. I usually substitute whole grain flour for all or part of the all-purpose, but that is the only change I make. Thanks for posting!
Just the perfect amount of sweetness to these muffins. My family devoured them at breakfast this morning.