Recipe by NutFreeMom
Modified from King Arthur Flour to match our tastes and reduce sugar. They're plenty sweet and a great breakfast muffin! Turned out so well I wanted to record what I did.
- 78.07 ml raisins
- 473.18 ml whole wheat flour
- 118.29 ml sugar (I used turbinado)
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml cardamom
- 2.46 ml ground ginger
- 1.23 ml salt
- 473.18 ml peeled and grated carrots
- 118.29 ml unsweetened applesauce
- 118.29 ml unsweetened grated coconut
- 78.07 ml sunflower seeds
- 3 large eggs
- 118.29 ml coconut oil, just melted
- 59.14 ml orange juice
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease a muffin tin.
- Put the raisins in a bowl and cover with hot water, set aside to soak while you assemble the rest of the recipe.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, spices, and salt in large mixing bowl.
- Stir in the carrots, applesauce, coconut, and sunflower seeds.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the eggs, oil, orange juice, and vanilla. Add to the flour mixture, and stir until evenly moistened.
- Drain the raisins and stir them inches.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin tin. The muffin cups will be almost full to the top.
- Bake until nicely domed and inserted cake tester comes out clean, 25 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool in pan for 5 minutes. Place muffins on rack to finish cooling.