Recipe by heatherhopecs
Adapted from paleomg.com.
Top Review by Matty_Corb
Oh I love this! I mean, who doesn't love muffins. It's great that even when you're on a diet, you can still enjoy some of these wonderful treats just to motivate you some more and do more with your diet. Healthy living is mostly discipline and some of it are just knowing what and what not to do. <br/><br/>Thanks for sharing this recipe. I'm adding this to my current cookbook recipe. It's definitely something that I would want to try and keep doing in the future. <br/><br/>http://cooklikeacaveman.com<br/><br/>Awesome job!
- 1 apple, peeled and cored, shredded
- 1 large carrot, peeled
- 118.29 ml sunflower seed butter
- 236.59 ml pepitas
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 118.29 ml coconut oil, melted
- 59.14 ml raisins
- 14.79 ml cinnamon
- 14.79 ml raw honey
- 1.23 ml baking soda
- 0.25 ml salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the apple and carrot to a food processor with the shredding attachment, or grate by hand.
- Add the shredded apple and carrot to a bowl along with the sunflower seed butter and rinse out the food processor bowl.
- Add the pepitas to the food processor and puree until you get a flour/meal.
- Add the ground pepita, eggs, coconut oil, honey, raisins, pecans, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda with the ingredients you mixed togehter in the previous steps. Mix well.
- Pour your batter into 9 FULL, greased muffins tins.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until cooked through.