Recipe by Bev
Morning Glory Muffins are a specialty of the La Vista Plantation B&B in Spotsylvania County, VA. These rich muffins will remind you of carrot cake.
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄3 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄3 cups grated peeled apples (about 1 large apple)
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 1⁄3 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄3 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄3 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine in a large bowl flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- In separate bowl mix oil, eggs and vanilla.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry until just moistened.
- Fold in the apples, carrots, raisins, coconut and nuts (if desired).
- Fill greased or paper lined muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Makes 12 muffins.