Top Review by Recipewrestler
Relatives were staying with us overnight, but had to eat and run the next morning. So I tried this recipe the night before. I used carrots that were pre-shredded from the salad dept. at the grocery store. It made preparations a little quicker. Served these jewels the next morning with softened cream cheese and hazelnut coffee. Heaven! Everyone was pleased and grabbed extra muffins as they went to the car.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 2 cups carrots, grated
- 1 large apple, grated
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift sugar, flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt together; set aside.
- Combine eggs, oil, and vanilla in a bowl; mix well.
- Stir in carrots, apple, coconut, raisins, and nuts; add dry ingredients and mic well.
- Spoon into greased muffin pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 22-27 minutes.