Chock-full of fruit...a morning treat!
Make and share this Morning Glory Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup natural bran
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups carrots, peeled, grated
- 1 large tart green apple, peeled, cored, grated
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup applesauce
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Soak raisins in hot water to cover for 30 minutes. Drain thoroughly.
- Preheat oven to 350°F Generously grease fifteen 1/2-cup muffin cups or line with paper baking cups. Mix flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in bowl. Stir in raisins, carrots, apple, almonds and coconut.
- Beat eggs with oil, applesauce and vanilla to blend. Stir into flour mixture until just combined. Divide batter among muffin cups. Bake until muffins are golden brown and tester inserted comes out clean, 20 - 22 minutes. Cool 5 minutes. Remove from pan. Serve at room temperature.