Recipe by Crafty Lady 13
I wanted to thin out some of my cookbook collection so I decided to place some of my favorite recipes here. This is from the Amish Friends cookbook. Super easy and quick muffin recipe that I make any time I need to use up some left over apples. This recipe contains shredded apples and carrots, as well as coconut, nuts and raisins. This makes 30 muffins, and my coworkers always look forward to my bringing these into the office.
Top Review by Lalaloula
Oh YUM! These muffins are sooooooo good! They taste very coconutty with a lovely fruity sweetness from the raisins and great crunch from the nuts (I used almonds). Mmm!
I opted for the more healthy version, so I used applesauce in place of the oil and also all whole spelt flour in place of the normal flour. I also reduced the sugar to 1/2 tbs for half the recipe and that was plenty for us. Loved this as an easy to make, quick and healthy breakfast!
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this wonderful recipe with us, Crafty Lady!
Made and reviewed for the Aussie/NZ Recipe Swap #46 November 2010 - Group Beetroot.
- 4 eggs
- 314.66 ml vegetable oil or 314.66 ml applesauce
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 709.77 ml flour
- 295.73 ml brown sugar
- 14.78 ml baking soda
- 3.69 ml salt
- 14.78 ml cinnamon
- 709.77 ml shredded carrots
- 177.44 ml flaked coconut
- 1 large apple, shredded
- 78.07 ml nuts
- 118.29 ml raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In mixing bowl, beat eggs, oil and vanilla.
- Combine remaining ingredients and stir into egg mixture just until moistened.
- Spoon into greased muffin tins and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.