Recipe by Charlotte J
Another recipe from the "Muffin Lady" from our church.
Top Review by Malcolm C
These are great. I will be making these again and again. Since I have problems with high blood pressure I cut the amount of baking powder in half and used ground tartar for the other half and they tasted great. I also took a hint from willij and substituted the coconut(not a big fan of it) for pecans. Next I'll try replacing the raisins with chopped dates.
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups carrots, grated
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 1⁄2 cup apple, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla in large bowl; set aside.
- In another bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Add to liquid ingredients and stir until just moistened.
- Gently fold in carrots, raisins, coconut and apple.
- Grease muffin tins and fill 2/3-full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.