Recipe by *Monica*
Awesome, moist, wonderful muffins.
Top Review by ihvhope
These are my new favorite muffin! So moist and packed full of flavor. I love the pineapple chunks in these. I made two dozen and couldn't keep my family away. They won't last long. I used blueberry applesauce because it was all I had and it gave these muffins a pretty color. Thanks for a really nice muffin recipe.
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and grated
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients.
- In another bowl, combine the eggs, applesauce, oil and vanilla.
- Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened (batter will be thick).
- Stir in carrots, apple, pineapple, coconut, raisins and nuts.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-24 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.