Recipe by KelBel
A little different from the other Morning Glory Muffins because it uses apple butter. This is a weight watchers recipe. Each muffin is 3 points.
Top Review by mizaubbie
This morning glory muffin rivals the muffin at my local favorite bakery, Macrina, which is saying A LOT!! It was moist, flavorful, and hearty. I made two substitutions: I used equal part apple sauce for the vegetable oil, and equal part Bob's Red Mill all-purpose gluten free flour instead of regular flour (plus 3/4 teaspoon xantham gum that the GF flour package recommends for muffins). They turned out AMAZING, and I should say for anyone who thinks baking gluten free is hard or tasteless -- Bob's Red Mill products are amazing, and I swear you won't be able to taste the difference!
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup shredded apple
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup apple butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine flour, brown sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in large bowl.
- Stir in carrot and next 5 ingredients. Make a well in center of mixture.
- Combine oil and next 4 ingredients; stir with a whisk.
- Add oil mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until moist.
- Spoon batter evenly into muffin cups coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 for 25 - 30 minutes or until muffins spring back when touched lightly in center.
- Remove muffins from pan immediately; let cool on a wire rack.