From BHG Kid Favorites Made Healthy. These were truly delicious, and my kids (3 & 5) loved them, too!! The original recipe make 18 - 2-1/2" muffins. I use 2-inch muffin cups, and end up extra mix (I made six more 2-inch + eight 1-1/2 inch muffins for the kdis).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/3 cups apples, peeled,cored and chopped (about 2 medium)
- 1 1/4 cups carrots, finely shredded
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
- 2/3 cup cooking oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Line eighteen 2-1/2 inch muffin cups with paper cups; set aside.
- 3In a large bowl combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt; stir in brown sugar.
- 4Stir in apples, carrots, and raisins.
- 5In a medium bowl combine undrained pineapple, oil, eggs, and vanilla.
- 6Add pineapple mixture to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- 7Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- 8Bake about 18 minutes or until toothpick inserted into centers comes out clean (I had to bake longer).
- 9Cool in muffin cups on wire rack 5 minutes.
- 10Remove form muffin cups; serve warm.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Morning Glory Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (1465 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 220.3
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 35.2 mg
- Sodium 228.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 20.3 g
- Protein 2.7 g