Recipe by Steph_40135
From BHG Kid Favorites Made Healthy. These were truly delicious, and my kids (3 & 5) loved them, too!! The original recipe make 18 - 2-1/2" muffins. I use 2-inch muffin cups, and end up extra mix (I made six more 2-inch + eight 1-1/2 inch muffins for the kdis).
Top Review by cher_anne_
These muffins really hit the spot. They are nice and moist with a great flavour. I used dark muffin tins, so mine took 15 min too cook at 350. It also made 24 regular muffins.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1 1⁄3 cups apples, peeled,cored and chopped (about 2 medium)
- 1 1⁄4 cups carrots, finely shredded
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
- 2⁄3 cup cooking oil
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line eighteen 2-1/2 inch muffin cups with paper cups; set aside.
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt; stir in brown sugar.
- Stir in apples, carrots, and raisins.
- In a medium bowl combine undrained pineapple, oil, eggs, and vanilla.
- Add pineapple mixture to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake about 18 minutes or until toothpick inserted into centers comes out clean (I had to bake longer).
- Cool in muffin cups on wire rack 5 minutes.
- Remove form muffin cups; serve warm.