Recipe by Member #610488
Combining Sweet Potatoes and Jicama with chicken makes for a simple and tasty dish sure to please. I like the broth over slices of bread. You may prefer differently.
- 3 lbs chicken pieces
- 1 -2 cup water or 1 -2 cup chicken broth or 1 -2 cup white wine
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- 1 lb jicama
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken pieces into large frying pan. Add water, chicken broth or white wine to barely cover pieces. Simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into 1 inch chunks. Add to the chicken and cook for 10 to 15 minutes, until sweet potato is just about tender. Add the jalapeno after 5 minutes of cooking time.
- Peel the jicama and cut into julienne pieces, about 1/4 inch thick. Add to the chicken and turn up the heat to full boil. Cook for 5 minutes until jicama is just tender crisp and liquid has reduced a bit.
- Serve the broth with chicken or reserve for another use.