Recipe by tammy
I took Morning Glory Breakfast Bars and change some ingredients. However, I left most of the ingredients the same so I want to give most of the credit to Chef mariajane. I'm posting this to get the nutritional value and calories. This is a wonderful, moist, filling, low calorie recipe. I like to take these bars to work or eat a bar before my workout.
- 2 cups all-bran cereal (All-Bran or 100% Bran Cereal)
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded carrots (about 3)
- 1 cup vanilla-flavored soymilk
- 3⁄4 cup crushed pineapple in juice
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup agave nectar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a 13X9-inch metal baking pan with foil, leaving a 2-inch overhang at each end. Lightly butter foil.
- In a bowl, combine bran cereal, carrots, soy milk, pineapple, cranberries and sour cream; let stand 5 minutes. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Wisk egg and agave into soy milk mixture. Pour over dry ingredients and stir just until moistened.
- Spread into a prepared pan, smoothing top. Bake for about 25 minutes or until a tester inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool completely in pan on rack. Using foil overhang as handles, remove from pan and cut into bars.