Recipe by Johnsonville Sausage
Its not hard to fancy-up your breakfast, and this recipe from Johnsonville Kitchens proves it! Taking simple, yet flavorful ingredients will give you a delicious quiche in no time. Sun-dried tomatoes, cilantro, cheese, hash browns and eggs are combined with the phenomenal flavor of Johnsonville Original Breakfast Sausage Links to create a symphony of flavors.
- 1 (12 ounce) package Johnsonville Original Breakfast Sausage Links
- 3 cups frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 bacon, strips cooked and crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook sausages according to package directions; cut into ¼-inch slices; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine hash browns, butter, 1/8 teaspoon of salt and pepper.
- Press onto bottom and up sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375ºF for 12 to 14 minutes.
- Arrange sausage pieces in crust. In a bowl, combine eggs, cheese, milk, tomatoes, cilantro, and remaining salt and pepper.
- Pour into crust. Sprinkle with bacon.
- Bake, uncovered for 25-30 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.