Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is from winners in a collection from a By the Sackful, White Castle cookbook. This is a make ahead casserole, can be done night before, and popped in oven, haven't tried it yet, just got it, but I can't wait. My family loves anything like a White Castle hamburger, and my DH loves them for breakfast.
- 10 White Castle hamburgers
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 10 eggs
- 4 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried mustard
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1⁄2-1 lb bacon, sliced or 1⁄2-1 lb sausage, crumbled
- Line bottom of greased 13x9 inch casserole dish with sandwiches.
- Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Beat eggs. Add milk, onion, salt, dried mustard and parsley. Pour evenly over cheese.
- Sprinkle meat on top.
- Cover dish with aluminum foil.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Bake about 1 hour until firm.
- Let sit 10 minutes before serving.
This was very good. The problem I had was it was not done after 1hr at 325, I had to cook it for 30m more at 400.