Prep 0 mins
Cook 40 mins
From Keepers. Marinate in the morning so it is ready for dinner.
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 grated zest and lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- one 4 lb chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- salt and pepper
- Place all of the marinade ingredients into a ziploc bag and stir to combine. Add in chicken and marinate in the refrigerator for 8 to 12 hours, turning the bag a couple times, if possible.
- Preheat the oven to 450 F, with a rack in the middle position. remove the chicken from the bag and allow the excess marinade to drip off. Place on a sheet pan and season with salt and pepper. Arrange skin side down and roast until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Flip the pieces over and roast until cooked through, about 10 minutes more.