Recipe by Michele in NJ
You can throw this one together before you go to bed and wake up to a special hot breakfast. Great for company or lazy weekends!
Top Review by Crafty Lady 13
When I read this recipe I thought it would taste similar to a western omelet. I halved the recipe and cooked it overnight in my little 2 quart crock pot. It smelled like I imagined it would, but when I spooned it out it was mushier than I thought it wuold be. I made this with cubed ham and I also used 2% milk. Maybe it was the reduced fat milk that caused it to be mushy. I think I prefer making my eggs, ham and potatoes in the morning, but I did enjoy trying something different. Thanks, Meezer Girl.
- 1 (32 ounce) bag frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1 lb bacon, diced cooked and drained or 1 lb cooked ham, cubed
- 1 medium diced onion
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or 1 1⁄2 cups monterey jack cheese
- 1 dozen egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper (more or less to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place a layer of frozen potatoes on the bottom of the slow cooker, followed by a layer of bacon then onions, green pepper and cheese.
- Repeat the layering process two or three more times, ending with a layer of cheese.
- Beat the eggs, milk and salt and pepper together. Pour over the slow cooker mixture, cover and turn on low.
- Cook for 10-12 hours.