Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
great with broccoli, and asparagus.
Make and share this Mornay Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2⁄3 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄3 cup vermouth
- 1⁄4 cup swiss cheese, grated
- Melt butter and add flour to make a light roux.
- combine chicken stock and vermouth. Slowly blend into the roux.
- stir and cook until reaches desired thickness.
- add cheese and continue to stir until completely melted.
- season to taste.
Super easy and super tasty! I decided to make this for Easter dinner to serve over some asparagus and was so glad I did. It took very little effort but was the star of the show! I highly recommend this any time you want to jazz up some vegetables. Thanks for sharing this keeper. Made for Newest Zaar Tag Game.
I'm honored to be the first to review this recipe! I'm giving it 5 stars because it's so simple in implementation and so great on flavor and texture. I made as directed in my Tefal Cook & Stir kitchen gadget and served it over steamed broccoli. Thanks, chefmick! Made for Newest Zaar Tag Game.