River Otter's Note:
I recently visited my aunt in Ogden UT. We stopped by The Greenery for these muffins. After some diligent hunting we found their recipe. These are almost like a yeast bread when fresh baked. Serve them the Utah way with honey butter. Prep time is approximate. May be shorter.
My Private Note
dozen m ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine water and baking soda. Stir until dissolved. Cool.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, cream sugar and shortening.
- 3Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 4Combine flour and salt and add to cream mixture alternately with buttermilk.
- 5Fold in both cereals and nuts.
- 6Fill greased or paper lined muffin cups 3/4 full.
- 7Bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes until they test done.
- 8Muffin batter may be kept for 1 week in refrigerator and baked in smaller batches if desired.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mormon Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (55 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 60
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 132.5
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 14.7 mg
- Sodium 184.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 2.9 g