Recipe by Chef Punchin
This is almost a weekly make for me. Leaves you coming back for seconds. It's so simple to make.You can top with anything you fancy or put your favourite filling. Ive given a simple chocolate ganache below.Enjoy
- 8 ounces self-raising flour
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 8 ounces margarine
- 8 ounces caster sugar
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 10 tablespoons milk
- 4 fluid ounces double cream
- 4 ounces broken dark chocolate or 4 ounces milk chocolate
Directions See How It's Made
- Sieve the first three ingredients into a bowl (or processor bowl), then add the margarine, caster sugar, beaten eggs, and milk, and beat until combined.
- Tip into two well-greased 8” round baking tins, and bake at 160 degrees C for about 50 minutes.
- Test with a skewer – when it comes out of the cake clean, the cake is done.
- Cool on a wire rack, and finish with icing of your choice.