From Guy Fieri's Food cookbook, these are loaded with flavor. Three different kinds of beans give it lots of protein, served with a cilantro mayonnaise, you're gonna like these. Made as a tribute for Guy's sister, Morgan, he says she has become a fanatic for them. They have gone on the menu at Johnny Garlic's restaurant.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 59.16 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 44.37 ml diced red onions
- 29.58 ml diced black olives
- 29.58 ml diced red bell peppers
- 4.92 ml diced jalapeno
- 7.39 ml diced garlic
- 14.79 ml diced artichoke heart (jarred in water, not marinated)
- 118.29 ml cooked black beans, drained
- 118.29 ml cooked chickpeas, drained
- 118.29 ml cooked white beans, drained
- 177.44 ml rolled oats
- 2.46 ml sweet Hungarian paprika
- 2.46 ml chili powder
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 14.79 ml minced fresh parsley
- 2.46 ml red pepper flakes
- 2.46 ml ground cumin
- 2.46 ml celery salt
- 1.23 ml ground sage
- 29.58 ml seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 4 whole grain hamburger buns
- 1In a medium skillet over medium heat, drizzle 2 tbls. of the olive oil. Add the onions, olives, red bell pepper, jalapeno, garlic and artichoke. Cook until the onion is translucent, about 8 minutes.
- 2Transfer the mixture to a big bowl and let cool. Add the beans and the chickpeas to the cooked vegetables and mix thoroughly. Add the oats, paprika, chili powder, oregano, parsley, red pepper flakes, cumin, celery salt, sage, bread crumbs, and egg, mixing well.
- 3Form into four patties, cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- 4To make the cilantro mayo, in a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise, cilantro, salt and pepper together.
- 5Heat the remaining 2 tbls. olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat and cook the patties 2-3 minutes per side, until nicely browned.
- 6Serve on buns with the cilantro mayo.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Morgan's Veggie Patties(From Guy Fieri)
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 505.2
- Calories from Fat 215
- Total Fat 23.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 50.3 mg
- Sodium 672.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.5 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 14.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: