1/1 Photo of Morg Kebab (Iranian Skewered Chicken)
bluemoon downunder's Note:
There are times when you just want to keep it simple: to use fewer ingredients but still to produce a sensational result. This is a simple but delicious recipe for chicken kebabs. For the best results, the recipe recommends cooking the kebabs over glowing coals but concedes that the kebabs can be cooked on a preheated grill. I found this recipe in 'The Best of Lebanese and Middle Eastern Cooking', and I'm posting it here for the 2005 Zaar World Tour. The preparation and cooking times below do not include the 2 hours suggested minimum time for marinating.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Keeping the pieces large, remove as much meat as possible from the joints and cut it into pieces.
- 2Combine the onion and lemon juice in a bowl, add the chicken and marinate for at least 2 hours.
- 3Drain and combine the butter or ghee with the marinade.
- 4Thread the meat onto lightly greased skeweres and cook over glowing coals or - on a preheated grill - for 5 minutes or until the meat is tender.
- 5Baste with the marinade and turn once.
- 6Serve with melted butter, and Borani Esfanaj (Iranian Spinach Salad) and Chilau (Iranian Rice) (posted separately).
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Morg Kebab (Iranian Skewered Chicken)
Serving Size: 1 (339 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 443.6
- Calories from Fat 296
- Total Fat 32.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.7 g
- Cholesterol 139.6 mg
- Sodium 108.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 28.9 g