Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Moreton Bay Bugs are delicacy found in the waters around Queensland, Australia. Lobster tails may be used for this recipe. Preparation time includes time to marinate. The weight of the Moreton Bay Bugs should be 1.8 kilo or 16 medium size Moreton Bay Bugs but the software won't let me type this in, instead it says 1 7/8 kilos.
- 1 7⁄8 kg moreton bay bugs, uncooked, halved and cleaned
- 60 ml dry white wine (1/4 cup)
- 60 ml lime juice (1/4 cup)
- 60 ml olive oil (1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Combine bugs in a large bowl with remaining ingredients, cover and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
- Drain bugs over small bowl, reserve marinade.
- Cook bugs on heated, oiled BBQ, uncovered, brushing occasionally with reserved marinade, until just changed in colour.