Recipe by Chocolatl
Moreton Bay "bugs" are really slipper lobsters, similar to rock lobsters. This recipe uses lobster tails instead. Adapted from the Barbecue Bible, which misspells it "Morton."
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped of fresh mint (or 1 1/2 teaspoons dried mint)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce (or soy sauce)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 lobster tails, 8-9 ounces each, halved lengthwise and deveined (or Moreton Bay Bugs if you can find them)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat grill to high.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Add mint, ginger, garlic and zest.
- Increase heat to medium.
- Cook until mixture is fragrant but not browned, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in fish sauce and lime juice.
- Bring to a boil and remove from heat.
- Brush butter mixture over cut side of lobsters.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- When ready to cook, oil the grill grate.
- Arrange lobster on the grate, cut side down, and grill for 6-8 minutes.
- Turn with tongs.
- Grill for 6-8 minutes more, basting generously several times with butter mixture.
- Serve with remaining butter, if any.