Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 16 mins
Moreton Bay "bugs" are really slipper lobsters, similar to rock lobsters. This recipe uses lobster tails instead. Adapted from the Barbecue Bible, which misspells it "Morton."
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped of fresh mint (or 1 1/2 teaspoons dried mint)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce (or soy sauce)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 lobster tails, 8-9 ounces each, halved lengthwise and deveined (or Moreton Bay Bugs if you can find them)
- Preheat grill to high.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Add mint, ginger, garlic and zest.
- Increase heat to medium.
- Cook until mixture is fragrant but not browned, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in fish sauce and lime juice.
- Bring to a boil and remove from heat.
- Brush butter mixture over cut side of lobsters.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- When ready to cook, oil the grill grate.
- Arrange lobster on the grate, cut side down, and grill for 6-8 minutes.
- Turn with tongs.
- Grill for 6-8 minutes more, basting generously several times with butter mixture.
- Serve with remaining butter, if any.