Cooking Light May 2010
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups homemade chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped shallot
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1/2 lb morel, halved lengthwise
- 1 cup uncooked arborio rice
- 1/4 cup dry vermouth
- 1/2 cup grated fresh pecorino romano cheese
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1Bring Homemade Chicken Stock to a simmer in a small saucepan (do not boil). Keep warm over low heat.
- 22. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots, onion, and thyme to pan; cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Add mushrooms; cook 1 minute.
- 3Add rice; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently. Stir in vermouth; cook 30 seconds or until liquid is nearly absorbed, stirring constantly.
- 4Stir in 1 cup stock; cook 4 minutes or until the liquid is nearly absorbed, stirring frequently.
- 5Add remaining stock, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly until each portion of stock is absorbed before adding the next (about 25 minutes total). Add cheese, cream, salt, and pepper; cook 2 minutes.
- 6Remove from heat; top with chives.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Morel Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (418 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 405.0
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 22.9 mg
- Sodium 1867.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 16.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pecorino romano cheese