Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Cooking Light May 2010
- 4 cups homemade chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped shallot
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1⁄2 lb morel, halved lengthwise
- 1 cup uncooked arborio rice
- 1⁄4 cup dry vermouth
- 1⁄2 cup grated fresh pecorino romano cheese
- 1⁄4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Bring Homemade Chicken Stock to a simmer in a small saucepan (do not boil). Keep warm over low heat.
- 2. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots, onion, and thyme to pan; cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Add mushrooms; cook 1 minute.
- Add rice; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently. Stir in vermouth; cook 30 seconds or until liquid is nearly absorbed, stirring constantly.
- Stir in 1 cup stock; cook 4 minutes or until the liquid is nearly absorbed, stirring frequently.
- Add remaining stock, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly until each portion of stock is absorbed before adding the next (about 25 minutes total). Add cheese, cream, salt, and pepper; cook 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat; top with chives.