Recipe by Krsi Sue
I use both fresh morels or reconstituted mushrooms that I dried earlier. My family loves to hunt for morels and can be sold for up to $50 a pound when fresh!
Top Review by packeyes
I reconstituted the mushrooms in a mixture of vegetable stock & red wine (more stock than wine). I saved this liquid and used it in the place of the water. Other than that I followed the recipe exactly. This was very delicious - a first experience for us with morel mushrooms, and boy were they worth the expense! Thank you, Krsi for a phenomenal mushroom sauce!
- 1⁄4 lb morel
- 1⁄8 cup butter
- 1⁄2 garlic clove
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄16 teaspoon celery salt
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In skillet, saute garlic in butter.
- Discard garlic if you wish.
- Saute mushrooms and remove. Set the mushrooms aside to add later.
- Stir in flour to make a roux.
- Add water, celery salt, salt and pepper.
- Stir and cook until thickened.
- Add mushrooms back inches.
- Serve with your favorite meat or as a gravy.