Recipe by cookiedog
Everyone's RSC nightmare come true! I created this recipe for the RSC 11 contest and after proofreading my private recipe at least 10x, I copied and pasted it and left off the first step! So, a huge thank you to the reviewers who gave this a try and made the most of it and were very kind! It is now edited so don't be afraid to give them a try. These quesadillas have caramelized shallots, spinach, and sun-dried tomatoes. They make a great appetizer if cut into wedges, a special lunch, dinner when served with a salad, or a late night snack. If you really want to put them over the top, serve with a bit of guacamole.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced shallot
- 2 teaspoons white wine
- 1 cup Baby Spinach, stems removed
- olive oil
- 2 flour tortillas
- 2⁄3-1 cup gouda cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon sun-dried tomato packed in oil, julienned
- garlic salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a non-stick skillet which is larger than your tortilla. Add shallot and cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until soft (about 8-10 minutes). Add wine and then baby spinach cooking for 2 more minutes stirring occasionally. Remove from heat into a bowl.
- Place a little olive oil in the bottom of the skillet.
- Place a tortilla in pan and over half the tortilla spread some cheese, followed by some of the shallot/spinach mixture, 1/2 tablespoon sun-dried tomatoes and a little more of the cheese. Sprinkle with a little garlic salt.
- Fold in half and cook over medium heat until cheese has melted and tortilla has browned to your liking and then flip and cook the other side. Repeat for second quesadilla.
- Slice into wedges and enjoy!