Recipe by rsarahl
It's a fun finger food for infants and toddlers that packs a little calcium and vitamin punch. Try vegetarian cream cheese and soy yogurt for the lactose intolerant child or children not yet introduced to milk products. Cook time is approximate chill time. Servings are dependent on size of squares or shapes cut, but we cut the pan into 5 rows and 5 columns, yielding 25 squares.
Top Review by smellyvegetarian
I am not rating with stars here because I wonder if I have done something wrong. I followed the recipe to a T but these never "set" for me. Maybe my envelope of gelatin was the wrong size? DS would only finger paint with it when I tried to give him a bite LOL. Sorry...these sound like such a great idea! Maybe I'll try again sometime.
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup milk or 1 cup soymilk
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 2 ounces whole fat yogurt, like stoneyfield farms yobaby (choice of flavors, but apple, banana and vanilla seem to be the best choices)
- 1 cup apple, skinned,cut into chunks and blanched
- 1 cup ripe pear, skinned,cut into chunks and blanched
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor or blender, process the gelatin and milk for 30 seconds or until gelatin is disolved and mixture is smooth.
- Add the cream cheese and yogurt and process for 10 seconds.
- Add the fruits and blend until thoroughly puréed.
- (Be careful not to over blend or the mixture may become foamy.) Spray an 8-inch square baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Pour gelatin mixture into pan and chill until firm.
- Once chilled, cut into squares or creative shapes using cookie cutters and serve.