Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
When asked how he like the cornbread my best friends hubby smiled big and said "It's more-lishous" Well the name stuck and now thats what I call it. Hope you enjoy as much as we do! Sugar can be adjusted from 1/2 to 3/4 cup of sugar..my family likes sweet cornbread.
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup sugar
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs,mayo,buttermilk and oil until smooth.
- Combine the cornmeal,sugar,baking powder and salt; add to the egg mixture and beat until just combined.
- Pour into a large greased cast iron skillet or greased round baking dish. Bake at 425°F for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
This is very easy and More-Lish-Ous (Great name for it). I had it with a bowl of Recipe #378592. Thanks for posting Cinda. Made for PAC Spring 2010.
For some reason this didn't cook like it was supposed to..it was still wet and unset in the middle, and the other parts were way done and dry....so just an ok recipe for me.