Recipe by cinda37379
When asked how he like the cornbread my best friends hubby smiled big and said "It's more-lishous" Well the name stuck and now thats what I call it. Hope you enjoy as much as we do! Sugar can be adjusted from 1/2 to 3/4 cup of sugar..my family likes sweet cornbread.
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup sugar
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs,mayo,buttermilk and oil until smooth.
- Combine the cornmeal,sugar,baking powder and salt; add to the egg mixture and beat until just combined.
- Pour into a large greased cast iron skillet or greased round baking dish. Bake at 425°F for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.