Recipe by Studentchef
It's a little similar to the other salad I posted, but with some key differences. I just liked the way this one turned out, because of the blend of ingredients. Taking into consideration some of the reviews I've just added a few more ingredients that work for this salad. For the broccoli you can either have it fresh or frozen. If it's fresh blanch it, like the sno peas, and if it's frozen cook it.
Top Review by ellie_
Great salad that went together in a snap! The only changes I made was only using 3 tomatoes, no green pepper and I also skipped the sprouts. This makes a lot of salad which we enjoyed with dinner last night and will also be great for lunches! Thanks for sharing this keeper!
- 6 cups romaine lettuce
- 6 cups red leaf lettuce
- 1 1⁄2 cups sno peas, blanched
- 2 cups broccoli
- 1 large red pepper
- 4 large tomatoes
- 1⁄2 green pepper
- 6 green onions
- 1⁄2 cup alfalfa sprout (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the two lettuces into bite size pieces.
- After cooking the sno peas and broccoli run it under cold water so it is cooled down immediately and won't heat the other vegetables.
- Cut the other vegetables into smaller pieces (the green leaves have to stand out).
- toss the veggies.
- Finely mince the fresh cilantro.
- Add the lemon juice, olive oil, and salt and pepper.
- Let refrigerate for one hour.