It's a little similar to the other salad I posted, but with some key differences. I just liked the way this one turned out, because of the blend of ingredients. Taking into consideration some of the reviews I've just added a few more ingredients that work for this salad. For the broccoli you can either have it fresh or frozen. If it's fresh blanch it, like the sno peas, and if it's frozen cook it.
- Cut the two lettuces into bite size pieces.
- After cooking the sno peas and broccoli run it under cold water so it is cooled down immediately and won't heat the other vegetables.
- Cut the other vegetables into smaller pieces (the green leaves have to stand out).
- toss the veggies.
- Finely mince the fresh cilantro.
- Add the lemon juice, olive oil, and salt and pepper.
- Let refrigerate for one hour.
Great salad that went together in a snap! The only changes I made was only using 3 tomatoes, no green pepper and I also skipped the sprouts. This makes a lot of salad which we enjoyed with dinner last night and will also be great for lunches! Thanks for sharing this keeper!
Made this for lunch today. I used bagged lettuce and didn't add the green onions as I am not a fan of raw onions. Other then those two changes, I followed the recipe as written. This was very good. I cooked both the peas and the broccoli and didn't add the optional sprouts as they didn't look that great at the store. This was a nice, easy to put together lunch. I mixed it up and let in sit in the fridge for an hour or so before serving. Everyone enjoyed it.
Fantastic salad! Went together quickly and easily and had a very good flavor! Thanks student!