Recipe by Chef celebreatySarah
I have lots of banana bread recipes but this one tops my list...great for snacks, for breakfast, and definitely, great for munching while finishing deadline works!
Top Review by Annacia
Great tasting banana bread. I made 1/3 if the recipe for one loaf but the volume wasn't enough for a good sized loaf. It would have taken 2/3 of the full recipe to make a single good sized 8x4. That said this has a perfect tender flaky crust and a lovely moist, tender inside. As I was using a glass pan I lowered the temp to 325 and that was well baked @ 40 mins. Used Splenda brown blend for the sugar.
- 5 bananas, very ripe and mashed with fork
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened (1 stick)
- 1⁄2 cup corn oil
- 2 cups light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons banana flavoring (or vanilla extract)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon iodized salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Pam spray 3 or 4 (4 x 8) store-bought aluminum foil pans; set aside. Preheat oven to 350°F Measure flour, baking soda and salt in a small mixing bowl and whisk to aerate; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat together the margarine, oil and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the mashed bananas and flavoring. Add flour mixture to the bananas mixture and mix until just blended; the batter should be slightly lumpy. Fold in chocolate chops.
- Divide the batter into the prepared pans. Bake for about 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool before slicing and cut into thick slices to serve. Enjoy!