Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I have lots of banana bread recipes but this one tops my list...great for snacks, for breakfast, and definitely, great for munching while finishing deadline works!
- 5 bananas, very ripe and mashed with fork
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened (1 stick)
- 1⁄2 cup corn oil
- 2 cups light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons banana flavoring (or vanilla extract)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon iodized salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Pam spray 3 or 4 (4 x 8) store-bought aluminum foil pans; set aside. Preheat oven to 350°F Measure flour, baking soda and salt in a small mixing bowl and whisk to aerate; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat together the margarine, oil and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the mashed bananas and flavoring. Add flour mixture to the bananas mixture and mix until just blended; the batter should be slightly lumpy. Fold in chocolate chops.
- Divide the batter into the prepared pans. Bake for about 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool before slicing and cut into thick slices to serve. Enjoy!
Great tasting banana bread. I made 1/3 if the recipe for one loaf but the volume wasn't enough for a good sized loaf. It would have taken 2/3 of the full recipe to make a single good sized 8x4. That said this has a perfect tender flaky crust and a lovely moist, tender inside. As I was using a glass pan I lowered the temp to 325 and that was well baked @ 40 mins. Used Splenda brown blend for the sugar.
This is declious rate my bannaa whip cream sandwhich
Moist, sweet, full-flavored banana bread. Made half with chocolate chips and half without. When it got dark on top before setting up inside, I reduced the oven temp a bit but the baking time ended up being just right. Made for PAC.