Recipe by Caryn25
This recipe always made us cry more, so that is what my mother called it. I absolutely love it.
Top Review by Jackie0803
Thank you, Caryn--my mother made this too back in the early 60s and I had forgotten all about it until this weekend & suddenly wanted to find it. I didn't believe my search for "more" would do any good and bless your heart, here it is!! And, yes, it will probably make us cry, too! For everyone else, if you haven't tried it, you must! It really does make you say "more, please" - especially kids, if you go a little easy on the chili powder!
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 cup water
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, un-drained
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen English peas
- 15 ounces whole kernel corn
- 1 (8 ounce) package spaghetti, cooked
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Saute onions, green peppers and garlic. Add 1 lb ground meat, 1 lg can tomatoes, 3 tbsp Chile powder, and water. Cook 30 min, then add the mushrooms, peas, corn, and spaghetti. Then take half of mixture and place in casserole dish and top that half w/ 1 c sharp cheddar. Then take the remainder and repeat, creating a 2nd layer. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.