Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
In response to a search, I started dragging out the cookbooks looking for this recipe that I'd seen not too long ago...haven't made it, but it's on the list. So many recipes, so little time.. Thanks to Team Cuisine Cookbook
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 lb spaghetti, cut in 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large green pepper, diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn
- 1 (14 ounce) can peas
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomatoes, drained
- 4 ounces chopped pimiento
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 cup chopped ripe olives
- 1 lb old English cheese, grated
- Split garlic and rub inside skillet and large casserole.
- Brown meat in oil with onion and pepper.
- Cook spaghetti until tender in boiling salt water. Drain and mix with all ingredients.
- Place in buttered casserole.
- Top with cheese and heat in 375 degree oven 30 to 45 minute.
- Can be made a day in advance. Serves 12.
A great recipe that works with anything you want to throw in. We skipped the peas and I actually used spaghetti squash in place of the pasta since I had some on hand. I will be making this again and again! Reviewed for PAC07
Very easy recipe and worth 5 stars for versatility as you can substitute with anything you have on hand - I used a can of chopped artichokes and some passata as I had no tinned tomatoes and it was terrific. In fact my daughter took this for lunch to eat cold although we all ate it hot - so it is perfect any way you want it !! My thanks to FrannieJ for posting a recipe that ALL my family ate .