Recipe by byZula
This is from the Pennsylvania Dutch Cook Book - Fine Old Recipes, Culinary Arts Press, 1936.
- 2 cups butter
- 2 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 5 eggs
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pecans, as needed
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream the butter and sugar together and add one egg at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift the flour and soda together and mix with other ingredients.
- Chill in ice box over night.
- Roll out thin on floured board, cut into round shapes, and press half a pecan into center of sand tart.
- Bake at 350-F about 10 minutes.
- The chilling time is included in the prep calculation.).